2018 Kentucky Dragon Boat Festival Race Day Information
2018 Kentucky Dragon Boat Festival…
Paddling For The Pink…September 8, 2018
Access to the site is available from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday night. This is a great time to set-up/decorate your tent and take a look at the course. Team Rented Tents will be setup and your Team Name will be on your tent. It is strongly suggested that captains come down to finalize waivers and familiarize themselves with the site. All paddlers must sign a paper waiver or electronic waiver to participate. Teams will get their wristbands when waivers have been turned in to registration and verified either a paper waiver or electronic waiver has been executed.
Saturday: The park will open at 6:30. There is a drop-off area and volunteers available to assist in bringing heavy items to your tent.
We will be beach loading the boats. This means you will get wet up to your knees at least. Please bring water shoes or old sneakers. There will be changing tents available.
Alcohol is not allowed.
A mandatory captains meeting will take place at 7:45 a.m.
Directions to AJ Jolly Park –
From the north:
From I-275 (either direction) or I-471
- Take US 27 South (Alexandria) for 11 miles-a Hillshire processing plant will be on your left
- Make the next left at Cooper Bain or Racetrack Road-pass the soccer fields, go over a small bridge
- Go straight into the park, there will be a ranger’s booth and parking will be on your right
From the south:
Take US 27 North
- Make a right at Racetrack Road-pass the soccer fields, go over a small bridge
- Straight into the park, parking will be on your right